FRONT-END STACK DEVELOPER
We are expanding! Are you a front-end software developer that likes to be challenged? Do you love working on solutions with a big social impact? Then this is a job for you!
About Zero foodwaste:
Zero foodwaste is a start-up on a mission to make the world food system more sustainable. We do this by using progressive and innovative technology. One of today's biggest challenges is food waste. Worldwide about one-third of all food produced is wasted. Looking at The Netherlands, for the hospitality industry alone, this adds up to 150 million kilos yearly!
Our integral solution provides hospitality organizations with a complete insight into their food waste. By doing so help them cut their waste in half. For this we make maximum use of recent developments in computer vision and AI. Our smart camera, connected to a smart scale below the waste bin, will automatically register all food that is thrown away, down to the ingredient level.
About the position:
- Prominent role within a small but growing team;
- A lot of freedom in product development decisions;
- A wide variety of technically challenging work and possibilities to learn; from artificial intelligence and neural networks, to development on our cloud backend and frontend, to programming of Arduinos.
The ideal Front-End Developer:
- Bachelor or Masters degree (ideally in or related to Computer Science);
- Enthusiastic and assertive
- Fluent in English;
- Has knowledge of cloud solutions and a devops mindset, for example, ideally experience with Docker containers;
- Understands software development processes, patterns and paradigms;
- Has experience with Agile and Scrum methods;
- Last but not least; wants to help us in the fight against food waste!
What we offer:
- A young and creative start-up environment that stimulates and invests in your personal development;
- Full Time contract with a trial period;
- Utrecht based office;
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home;
- Varied work with a lot of freedom to learn and to do things your way;
- A close team with smart and enthusiastic colleagues who love to share their knowledge.