SENIOR CLOUD BACKEND DEVELOPER
We are expanding! Are you a senior backend developer with cloud experience that likes to be challenged? Do you love working on solutions with a big social impact? Then this is a job for you!
About Zero foodwaste:
Zero foodwaste is a start-up on a mission to make the world food system more sustainable. We do this by using progressive and innovative technology. One of today's biggest challenges is food waste. Worldwide about one-third of all food produced is wasted. Looking at The Netherlands, for the hospitality industry alone, this adds up to 150 million kilos yearly!
Our integral solution provides hospitality organizations with a complete insight into their food waste. By doing so help them cut their waste in half. For this we make maximum use of recent developments in computer vision and AI. Our smart camera, connected to a smart scale below the waste bin, will automatically register all food that is thrown away, down to the ingredient level.
About the position:
- Leading role within a small and rapidly growing team;
- Responsible for developing roadmap and leading role in building the team;
- Involvement in strategic product development decisions;
- A wide variety of technically challenging work; topics such as artificial intelligence, cloud architecture, data backend, customer portal and customer front-end.
The ideal Cloud Backend Developer:
- Bachelor or Masters degree (ideally in or related to Computer Science);
- Enthusiastic, assertive and has innovative solutions;
- Senior level Python programming experience is a must;
- Has knowledge of and a proven track record in developing cloud native backends;
- Located in the Netherlands is a must: Zero is located in Utrecht;
- Last but not least; wants to help us in the fight against food waste!
What we offer:
- A young and creative start-up environment that stimulates and invests in your personal development;
- The opportunity to help build our business and build your own team;
- Opportunity to join our STAK and to share in the future development of the company;
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home;
- A close team with smart and enthusiastic colleagues who love to share their knowledge.